HELP IS AVAILABLE
Please check this page periodically for updates
- St Peter’s Catholic Church
2061 Patton Chapel Rd, Birmingham, AL 35216
June 24, 1:00pm – 3:00pm
Call 205-822-4480 to schedule an appointment
- The Joyful News Christian Church
3106 27th Street North Birmingham, AL 35207
June 24, 9:00am – 12 noon
Call 205-407-9696 to schedule and appointment.
Testing is for those with or without symptoms
- Avondale United Methodist Church
500 40th St S, Birmingham, AL 35222
June 26, 1:00pm – 3:00pm – Drive thru Only.
Call 205-975-2819 to schedule an appointment.
In the case of SUICIDIAL or homicidal ideation, or another MENTAL HEALTH emergency:
- National Suicide Prevention Lifeline at 1-800-273-TALK (8255)
- Birmingham Crisis Center Hotline: 205-323-7777
For additional emotional support:
- New Directions 24/7 Emotional Support Hotline: 833-848-1764
- Wings Across Alabama: 1-844-999-4647
- For information on resources for mental health and substance use treatment:
- SAMHSA’s National Helpline, 1-800-662-HELP (4357)
- Levite Jewish Community Center
Grab and Go Lunches
Monday – Friday, 11:00am-1:00pm
Food Box Give Away
Thursday, 11:00am – 1:00pm
3960 Montclair Rd.
Birmingham, AL 35213
- Manna Ministries
Food Box Give Away
Saturday only, 9:00am – 10:30am
333 Smokey Road
Alabaster, AL 35007 205-910-4098
- Community Food Bank of Central Alabama
- These agencies
Greater Birmingham Ministry
First Baptist Church Gardendale (Gardendale Residents Only)
are scheduling donation appointments. Clients will need to call to get a list of documents to bring to their appointment.
- BHAM NOW website has a location listing for FREE lunch for Birmingham City Schools:
- Free School Lunch Program
Birmingham City Schools www.bhamcityschools.org
Jefferson County School Lunch http://bit.ly/FeedJEFFCO
Foreclosures and Evictions
Medical Forum Building 950 22nd Street North Suite 900 Birmingham, AL 35203
Phone: (205) 731-2617 Fax: (205) 731-2593 TTD: (800) 548-2546 Jurisdiction: State of Alabama
Office Hours: 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Monday – Friday
UNITED WAY is working for individuals who have no safety net and families who lack support systems.
- UWCA has reactivated the Community Crisis Fund used in disasters and other large emergencies. Funds will be used to serve immediate needs of individuals and other nonprofit organizations.
- Information is provided through the 2-1-1 Information and Referral Center. Just dial the numbers 2-1-1 and you’ll be connected with a live operator who will provide the latest information regarding available resources.
- United Way Community Resource Guide https://www.google.com/url?q=https://docs.google.com/document/d/1vkyHL3xLzjv4DwNroyPhisxfnfoUesiN_GtOweic3ZQ/mobilebasic&sa=D&source=hangouts&ust=1584798021054000&usg=AFQjCNE80asUHo0563yxspRyTgKYq5CBDw
LOCAL FINANCIAL ASSISTANCE (Call to see if you Qualify)
Greater Birmingham Ministries 205-716-2168
BUNDLES OF HOPE DIAPER ASSISTANCE Trinity United Methodist Church (205-879-1737) Call for Sizes needed.
HICA – Spanish Community Resource Guide: https://hicaalabama.org/es/covid19-informacion
bhamstrong.com Financial, Mortgage, Rent, Food and Small Business Assistance
SBA.gov, 1-800-659-2955 (U.S. Small Business Administration – Small Business Loan Assistance, Rent and Mortgage Assistance, Private Nonprofit, Homeowner and Renters Assistance Program)